Organized by category, Anti-Hacker Tool Kit, Third Edition provides complete details on the latest and most critical security tools, explains their function, and demonstrates how to configure them to get the best results.
* Completely revised to include the latest security tools, including wireless tools
* New tips on how to configure the recent tools on Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX
* New on the CD-ROM Ч Gnoppix, a complete Linux system, ClamAV anti-virus, Cain, a multi-function hacking tool, Bluetooth tools, protocol scanners, forensic tools, and more
* New case studies in each chapter
From the Back Cover
THWART THE LATEST DISASTROUS ATTACKS
Mount a comprehensive, proactive defense against the most sinister cyber-criminals using the tricks and techniques contained in this unique resource. Fully updated to include the latest weapons in the security experts; arsenal, Anti-Hacker Tool Kit, Third Edition provides all the information youтll need to lock down your network from the ground up. Logically organized by category, each toolтs function, installation, and configuration is fully described, alongside screenshots and code examples. Brand-new examples and in-depth case studies detail how to implement each vital tool in real-world situations.
Explains how to configure and use these and other key tools:
* MULTIFUNCTIONAL UTILITIES: Netcat, Cryptcat, Sbd
* PORT SCANNERS: Nmap, THC-Amap,IPEye
* EMULATORS: VMware, Virtual PC, Gnoppix, Cygwin
* ENUMERATORS: Samba, Winfingerprint, PsTools, HFNetChk
* WEB HACKING APPLICATIONS: Nikto, LibWhisker, Paros, Burp
* PASSWORD CRACKERS AND BRUTE-FORCE TOOLS: John the Ripper, LophtCrack, THC-Hydra, PwDump
* WAR DIALERS: ToneLoc, THC-Scan
* HOST HARDENING APPLICATIONS: Clamav, Titan, Msec
* BACKDOORS AND REMOTE ACCESS: VNC, Netbus, Back Orifice, SubSeven, Loki, Knark
* AUDITING TOOLS: Flawfinder, RATS, Nessus, STAT, Tripwire
* PORT REDIRECTERS: Datapipe, FPipe, WinRelay
* SNIFFERS: BUTTSniffer, WinDump, Ethereal, Dsniff, Snort
* WIRELESS TOOLS: NetSlumber, TCPsic, ICMpsic, Iptest
* FORENSIC UTILITIES: dd, EnCase, Sleuth Kit, Vnode, WinHex
About the Author
Mike Shema is CSO at NT Objectives, Inc., an application security solutions consultancy.
Chris Davis is a Senior Auditor for Texas Instruments. He is the co-author of Hacking Exposed Computer Forensics from McGraw-Hill/Osborne and a regular speaker on computer security topics.
Aaron Phillip is the Managing Partner of Affect Computer Forensics. He is the co-author of Hacking Exposed Computer Forensics from McGraw-Hill/Osborne.
David Cowen, CISSP, of G-C Partners, has extensive experience in security research, application security testing, and computer forensics analysis. He is an expert witness and a regular speaker on computer forensics.